Billing Options are how members pay for things. Think of them as pre-made invoices that they can choose from to pay for things such as memberships or rentals. It is highly suggested to only create Billing Options attached to Billing Plans. Billing Plans are created in Braintree and result in recurring subscription payments
Creating a membership option:
- Membership options are available when a member selects a membership from the home page or changes their subscription in Account Settings.
- Login to Braintree using the “Login with PayPal” option
- Select “Subscriptions” from the top navigation and “Plans” underneath once Subscriptions loads
- Click the New Plan button to open the create form
- Fill out the Plan ID as a series of hyphenated words - IMPORTANT: Include “membership” in the ID (eg monthly-membership-subscription)
- Fill out the rest of the details including payment and billing cycle then click create. Next time you open the Billing Option form, this will be available.
- To create a discount for this plan, select AddOns/Discounts from the subnavigation, next to Subscriptions
- Click “New Discount” at the bottom left of the page and fill out the amount details. IMPORTANT: Include “membership” in the ID (eg monthly-membership-discount)
- Login to the digital makerspace as an admin user and navigate to Billing Central, using the “Billing” option from the upper right hamburger menu
- Select the “Billing Options” tab to view the billing options table.
- Click the blue “Create Billing Option” in the upper left hand corner to open the create form.
- Select the plan you created from the plan dropdown and same for discount. The rest of the fields will fill in for you. The “Disable Invoice Option” button is to prevent this plan from being available to members and is a good way to create many options at once and then enabling them all together.
- Submit the form. If accepted, will be immediately available to members, unless “Disable Invoice Option” described above was selected.
Creating a rental option:
Follow the same instructions as above, but use “rental” in all IDs when creating items in Braintree (eg quarterly-locker-rental-subscription). You will also need to switch to the Rental option when you first open the Billing Option form.
Editing a billing option:
Billing options can be edited by selecting a row and clicking “Edit Billing Option”. When the form is accepted, the edited billing option will display in the table. Note: Editing a billing option does not affect already active subscription.
Deleting a billing option:
Billing options can be deleted by selecting a row and clicking “Delete Billing Option”. Upon submitting the dialog, the billing option will be removed from the table. Note: Deleting a billing option does not affect already active subscription.