In the event of any issues with the software, you may log into Braintree to complete the task.
View and Cancel Subscriptions
- Subscriptions cannot be paused. They can only be cancelled and are not recoverable.
- Login as an admin user and navigate to Billing Central, using the “Billing” option from the upper right hamburger menu
- Select the “Subscriptions” tab to view the subscriptions table.
- The subscriptions table is pre-filtered to hide cancelled subscriptions. If you need to view a cancelled subscription, uncheck the filter box. Note: The load times for subscriptions may be very long.
- To cancel a subscription, select the subscription row, and click “Cancel Subscription”.
In the event of a failed subscription payment (vs one off payment), the payment will be automatically resubmitted after 2 days. If that re-submission fails, it will be automatically retried every 5 days until it succeeds or is cancelled.
Failed Subscription Payments
When we receive a subscription payment, we will get a Slack notification in #member-relations regardless of success or failure. The related member will also receive a Slack notification privately. In the event of a failure, the reason for failure will also be included in the message. If you are unsure what this failure status means, you can review all transaction status definitions here.
Manually Retry Subscription Payments
- Login to Braintree Gateway using the Makerspace PayPal credentials.
- Navigate to "Subscriptions" by clicking the associated link in the header.
- Search for the subscription you would like to retry charging. You can see all subscriptions that can be retried by limiting the Status property of search to "Past Due".
- In the resulting search table, click the associated subscription ID to view the transaction details.
- Click the "Retry Charge" button in the upper left hand corner to resubmit the payment.
Changing Payment Methods
- Changing the subscription payment method via these instructions will cause the next payment attempt to use that new payment method.